That’s it, it’s decided, your vehicle no longer suits you. His model is out of date, the family is growing or a new car makes you an eye? The best way to get rid of it is still resale.
Some rules, simple but precise
- Start by evaluating the selling price of your property:
based on the unbiased Argus rating, you can already establish a reasonable range. Take into account the wear marks that are independent of the time – shocks, scratches etc. – and the improvements that you have made – motor change, stereo installation or others.
- Then, make a list of the technical characteristics of the vehicle and the vices, hidden or apparent:
mileage, engine type, presence or absence of ABS, airbags, power steering, coating, body color etc. Each element, basic or optional, counts. This inventory will enable the future acquirer to make an informed determination of whether the transaction is of interest to him.
- The argument of weight lies in the presentation:
wash the car, polish the careen and clean the windows like the wheels. Inside, we will have a good shot on the dashboard, the vacuum on the seats, trunk and carpet and, why not, a discreet deodorant spray. Finally, check the tire pressure, or change them if they are worn.
- To sell a property, it must be promoted:
Whether you’re advertising online or on paper, multiply the media for a greater chance of finding a buyer. Many sites offer a high-performance classifieds service. Communicate all technical details of the vehicle, the selling price and add one or more photos from different angles, in order to effectively target potential buyers and avoid unnecessary questions.
Be careful not to neglect the establishment of certain parts with the purchaser or the authorities:
- provide the buyer with the registration certificate, a copy of the declaration of assignment of a vehicle and the certificate of administrative status (no pledge and no opposition), dating back to two weeks maximum.
- if the car has more than four years on the meter, a report of technical control carried out within six months is to present to the new owner.
- declare the assignment to the police headquarters within fifteen days of the sale.
Some precautions to take for sale
Be careful not to lose sight of the fact that when you sell your car, you are liable. In case of problem, the purchaser can bring a criminal action. You are also responsible for hidden defects of the vehicle. So, have a mechanic draw up a certificate stating the mileage, defects, accidents etc.
Finally, do not forget to inform your insurer by phone and then by registered letter A / R of the date of sale of the vehicle in order to suspend your contract. Good sale!
How to finance your new vehicle?
You will then benefit from a contribution for a new vehicle, which will allow you to cover part of the purchase price. For the remaining amount, Cashimugo is at your disposal for any loan application. The online credit simulator will allow you to obtain all the necessary information (duration, monthly payments, rates, total cost of credit, etc.). And by applying online for credit, you will get a first answer in principle.