In this article we will talk about what you can do if Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail. Outlook is useful for sending and receiving emails, managing calendars storing numbers, and keeping track of different tasks. The best part about this platform is that it works perfectly with all other email providers including Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo and many more. However, with the latest Windows update, Microsoft Outlook has stopped receiving emails from Gmail. So, if you are facing the same problem then follow the workarounds mentioned below to fix the problem.
Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail
Here is a list of all effective methods you can try in case Microsoft Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail on Windows 10/11-
- Repair Gmail Account
- Enable Outlook notification
- Re-add a Gmail account
- Check Gmail Server
- Change Gmail rules
- Update app
Let us now see all these solutions in detail.
1]Repair Gmail Account
The very first solution you can try is to repair Gmail account in Outlook. The best part of Microsoft Outlook is that it offers an option using which you can easily fix different email providers within the application. So, if you are not receiving emails from Gmail on Outlook, you will need to go through the repair process to fix the problem. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Outlook application on your system.
- Click on the File option present in the upper left corner.
- Tap on the drop-down icon present under the Account settings option.
- To choose Account settings in the list of options.
- In the next window, select your Gmail account.
- Tap the repair option.
Once done, restart your system. Open Outlook and check whether you are receiving emails from Gmail or not.
2]Enable Outlook notification
The probability is high that you have disabled Outlook notification due to which you are not receiving the emails. This situation becomes applicable if you receive the emails only by opening the Outlook application. In such a case, you will need to enable Outlook notification on Windows. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Press Windows + I hotkey to open Windows Settings.
- Go to System > Notification.
- Enable the toggle next to Opinion option.
- Enable the toggle next to Outlook application.
That’s it. Check whether or not you receive email notifications.
3]Add Gmail account again
The next thing you can try in the situation is to add the Gmail account again. This method has helped most sufferers and hopefully will work for you too. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the job done.
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Locate your Gmail account in the Outlook window. Generally, it is located in the left panel of the screen.
- Right-click on your Gmail ID and choose Remove in the list of options that appears.
- In the confirmation box that appears, click on the Delete option again.
Your Gmail account has now been removed from Microsoft Outlook. It’s time to log in again with your account. To do this, follow the steps below.
- In the Outlook window, click the File option present in the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the next window, press the Add an account option.
- Enter your Google credentials to reintegrate Gmail with Outlook.
That’s it. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
4]Check the Gmail server
If you are not receiving emails from Gmail on Outlook just now and you received them sooner, then most likely the Gmail server is currently down. Like any other application, Gmail servers can go down at any time due to internal reasons. If this situation applies, it is not surprising that you deal with the problem. You can check the Gmail server status by visiting one of the online server detection websites.
5]Change Gmail rules
Outlook comes with a feature using which you can send emails from a certain address directly to the spam folder. This feature will be the main reason why you don’t receive emails from Gmail if the problem occurs with a particular email address. Here are the steps to change Gmail rules on Outlook.
- Open Outlook > File.
- Click on the Manage rules and alerts option.
- Choose the email provider you are not receiving emails from.
- Click on the Remove option.
That’s it. Check if the problem persists.
6]Update Outlook application
If you are still facing the problem, you can try updating the Outlook application and check if that fixes the problem. Sometimes an outdated app can cause different problems including the one you are currently facing. Update Outlook by following the steps below.
- Launch Outlook > File.
- Click on the desktop account option present on the left panel of the screen.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow present under Update Options.
- Choose the Update now option.
Now Microsoft will check for any available update. If found, it will automatically update Outlook.
Read: Outlook does not send emails on Windows, with or without attachments.
Why is Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail?
There can be several reasons why Outlook is not receiving emails from Gmail on Windows. From outdated Outlook application, disabled Outlook notification, damaged Gmail account to Gmail servers, everything can be responsible for the mentioned problem. Fortunately, it is very easy to fix this problem.
Read: Outlook can’t connect to Gmail, keeps asking for password
Can Outlook receive Gmail emails?
Yes, Outlook can receive emails from Gmail on Windows without any issues. So, if you’re someone who prefers the Microsoft Outlook interface, but has been using Gmail accounts for ages, there’s nothing to worry about. Simply add your Gmail account to Outlook to effectively access both platforms.
Why aren’t emails appearing in my Outlook inbox?
The one and only reason why emails are not showing up in your Outlook inbox is the default display settings. Outlook comes with lots of features including filters, message sorting, etc. And either of these features can hide all those emails in the default view. To solve this problem, you just need to change the display settings on Outlook.